Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Getting in line with blogging trend

I finally decided I might as well join the blogging parade and try to write something about what is happening to me on a fairly daily basis. I may still throw in a few of my philosophical (?) discussions just to worry everybody about my sanity.

Today has been a scorcher here, but Mark Alan and I got out to Best buy early this morning and I managed to drop almost 700 bucks in their coffers by buying a flat screen 32 inch TV for my bedroom. Went there to get a DVD player that would work with my BIG remote control, but somehow in the process I ended up with said 32 inch TV. It often happens that when i go out shopping with my son, I end up spending more money than I had ever figured I would. But what the hay, it really is nice.

Of course, it follows that I need a smaller bed in said bedroom and possibly a new leisure chair -- and who knows what else??

This afternoon has been one of those days when a plug has been pulled somewhere in my ole bod and all my energy has run out.
I've been too tired to do anything but flop on the bed and sleep.

Mary is busy, busy, trying to get everything done for them to leave for their Colorado vacation on Saturday? Sunday? I hope they will have a great time; at least it will be cool there.

She and I went shopping yesterday and bought some cute, cool things for her and I got a sharp short navy jacket to wear with my white jeans. I'll probably look like a sailor when I get all dolled up, but the jacket was a steal and very attractive.

I'm reading the book ALex was fascinated with while she was here called "Twilight" and find it engrossing. It's about a young girl falling in love with a handsome vampire, and it's scary for me because I've always sorta believed there really are vampires out there. Don't believe in goblins, ghosts, werewolves, ogres, or bad angels, but vampires just might be real!!!

I'm keeping a record of my daily spending these days ever since Kim told me I oughta know where my money is going, and it has been pretty revealing as to where my interests lie. I spend a lot of money on DVDs, entertainment, clothing that I don't really need, and eating out. Makes me one of the "now" generation" I guess.

So much for my "exciting" day! I'm alive, thank God, and that's a lot for an octogenarian.

No comments: